CPR Classes for Everyone! Sign Up Today! Be Prepared!
2015 American Heart Association Guidelines
LIFE IS WHY!
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings. This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills.
After successfully completing the BLS course, students should be able to:
- describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- describe all the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- perform high-quality CPR on adults, children, and infants
- describe the importance of early AED use and demonstrate using one
- provide effective ventilations with a barrier device
- describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants.
The Heartsaver First Aid, Heartsaver CPR AED, and Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED courses are designed to prepare students to provide first aid, CPR, and automated external defibrillator (AED) use in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Heartsaver courses are designed to be flexible and customizable with optional modules, and are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
After successfully completing the Heartsaver CPR AED course or the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course, students should be able to:
- list the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer
- describe the key steps in first aid
- describe the assessment of and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- use an epinephrine pen
- control bleeding
- recognize elements of common injuries and illnessesrecognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers.
- describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize when someone needs CPR
- perform high-quality CPR for an adult alone or as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR (child and infant CPR modules are optional)
- give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a barrier device for all age groups
- demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult (child and infant AED modules are optional)
- describe when and how to help a choking adult or child (infant choking module is optional).
Upon successful completion of each course, including relevant skills testing, students receive a course completion card that is valid for two years.
*Also you can Take Advantage of Flexible Training Options eLearning (Part 1 only)* with RPIMS & AHA, this is an Approved BLS, CPR Heart Saver American Heart Association Online Training Program Today!
*GROUP DISCOUNTS RATES ARE AVAILABLE 9 or MORE PARTICIPANTS*
*REFERRALS GET 10 % off any CPR Class, so please send your friends and family to my web site www.rpimedicalstaffing.com, be sure to tell them to mention you by name*
*RESERVE YOUR SEAT Call JEROME ALSTON call (410) 300-8778 email: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax your request to:8885288042 *Please note a non-refundable deposit of 25% is required to hold a seat.